Lets Talk ACV, & The Many Uses.
Let’s talk ACV… the many uses & my nutritionist-approved source.
There are the obvious uses for incorporating apple cider vinegar into your daily regimen but what about the benefits no one is talking about? Adding ACV to your monthly health regimen is a simple new years resolution to optimize your health this year.
But first, what is ACV anyway? Apple cider vinegar is made by fermenting the sugar from apples. During the fermentation process acetic acid is made which is the active ingredient in ACV.
As you may know, Apple Cider Vinegar is known for assisting with weights loss + may help with increasing stomach acid and promoting healthy digestion. However, studies have shown that ACV is also beneficial for a wide range of other health concerns. Who would have thought?
- To Lower Blood Sugar. ACV is claimed to help diabetics control their blood sugar levels.
- To Help You Feel Full: studies show that consuming ACV makes you eat less.
- To Preserve Food: by killing any bacteria in the food that may cause spoilage.
- As a marinade: for a sweet or sour flavor.
- To Make a Salad Vinaigrette: Making it much healthier than store bought.
- In a sauce: add to tomato sauce for a tangy sauce
- To Lower the Risk of Cancer: ACV helps to support phagocytosis and kick free radical formation out of the body.
- To Soothe a Sore Throat: antibacterial properties help to ward off bad bacteria.
If your anyone like me taking a shot of ACV is not your favorite thing to do. Every time I try to get it down my eyes squint and my body shivers. As a clinical nutritionist, I know the benefits outweigh the tough taste but like all things, If I can make it taste better, especially for my clients I will. Some may say to just tough it up but luckily I came across a brand called Ethan’s, based out of Colorado that actually makes ACV shots taste good. I’m not kidding.
My Favorite part about them is the convenience. They are easy to travel with and one of my favorite things to do is to bring them to work with me to use as a flavorful salad dressing. I also love how Ethan’s provides the perfect serving size of ACV for the most optimal benefits.
All of their ingredients are produced by USDA-certified organic farms and they choose glass over plastic to lower chemical exposure.
The flavors are delightful & have additional superfoods in the shots.
Pineapple Ginger makes a perfect shot or even addition to a stirfry.
Cinnamon Maple makes the perfect shot & metabolism booster!
Blueberry & Tart Cherry make amazing salad dressings.
Turmeric Apple makes a great shot and is awesome for pain.
Beet is the perfect shot with liver detoxifying properties after a night out.
I took Ethan’s ACV shots every day for one week and noticed a change in my energy, digestion, and function. Are you up for the challenge? Visit the link below for more information on where to find them or how to order!