Raw Vegan Twix!
They are raw, vegan, and gluten free… Need I say more?!
Yes, you heard right. I’ve recreated the classic TWIX!
One store bought mini TWIX has 15 grams of sugar, 7 grams of fat, hydrated oils, and artificial sweeteners + flavors… can you imagine what a full size bar has?!
Unlike the packaged TWIX my twix are made with just a few wholesome ingredients. My TWIX are full of heart healthy ingredients + essential minerals like magnesium from the raw chocolate. Cookie base, date caramel, dipping in chocolate? Sounds like perfection is I say so myself.
The “cookie” is made from cashews.
The “caramel” is made from dates.
The chocolate is made from magnesium rich cacao.
Here’s how to make um…
You will need:
1 1/2 cup cashews ground
4 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of pink salts
15 pitted dates (soaked for 15 minutes and drained)
pinch pink salt
1/4 cup filtered water (if needed to help blend, try to do without water for a more caramel consistency)
Eating evolved midnight dark, HU Hunks, or your favorite dark chocolate bar 70% cacao and above.
To make it…
1. Make the cookie by first cashews, then adding the rest of the cookie base ingredients and combine until dough forms.
2. Line a baking pan with waxed paper, pat dough down evenly on base of the baking pan. Freeze while making caramel.
3. To make the caramel; blend caramel ingredients in a high speed blender, & pour over cookie base evenly, freeze again.
4. Melt chocolate bar in a chocolate melter or over a double boiler.
5. Meanwhile, cut cookie base/date caramel into bite size bars or whole bars (16 mini bars or 8 large ones).
6. Dip mini bars or full size bars in chocolate, let set then dip again until bars are completely coated.
7. Store in the freezer for longer storage or in the fridge for up to two weeks.