Mediterranean Pasta Salad
Its BBQ season!
The summer is here and it’s time for weekly BBQ’s. Although this can be exciting, it may be hard for someone trying eat healthy.
I created this mediterranean pasta salad because its the perfect “GO TO” to bring with you to the next BBQ. Not only will you have something nutritious to much on but you friends and family will fall in love with this recipe!
Featuring mediterranean flavors, so fresh and wholesome…
this pasta salad is anti-inflammatory and heart healthy.
Here’s how to made it [4servings]
– 1 box green lentil pasta (I like ancient harvest)
[reserve 3 tbsp pasta water]
– 1 handful brussels, quartered
– 1 zucchini, chopped
– 4 garlic cloves
– 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– 1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
– 1/4 cup chopped dried figs
– 5-6 chopped mint leaves
– 1/4 cup chopped curly parsley
– 1 cup diced cherry tomatoes
– pink salt and pepper to taste
– 1 cup diced red onion
1. Cook pasta accordingly, reserve pasta water.
2. Set oven to 350 degrees: toss roast brussels, zucchini, and garlic in 1 tbsp olive oil and roast for 30 minutes.
3. Once pasta and veggies are done, toss everything together in a large salad bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Optional: Spinkle cashew parmesan – you can make cashew parmesan by blending cashews in a high speed blender.