Pumpkin Spice Matcha Latte
Pumpkin Spice Matcha
As I explained in my “Guide to Matcha” blog … Matcha Mornings have been a daily ritual of mine for some time now and I absolutely love how I feel after starting my day with this delicious drink. I feel instantly alert, focused, and yet still calm at the same time. The L-Theanine in Premium Ceremonial Grade Japanese Matcha helps one achieve an alert but stable and relaxed mental state even when under stress or working on demanding tasks. L-Theanine has also been shown to boost alpha brain power by +75 percent, just wow.
With us moving into the breezy fall season, pumpkin spice is in the air! What better than a Pumpkin Spice inspired Matcha Latte! Since the first of September I have had fall fever & moved right into upgrading my matcha to reflect that. I created a creamy & delicious Pumpkin Spice Matcha to share & it is super easy to whip together.
Hot Water (Not boilng, I explain why in my Matcha Blog )
Ceremonial Grade Matcha (I choose @organicburst)
1 tbsp pured Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 tsp Pumpkin spice
1/2 tbsp coconut butter
1 scoop vital proteins collagen creamer or a few splashes of plant based nut milk
Sift 1 tsp of matcha powder into a matcha bowl
Then pour 4 ounces of hot water (not boiling)
Use a bamboo whisk and whisk quickly back and fourth to create a foam
Add remaining ingredients + another 4-6 ounces hot (not boiling) water
Whisk with an electric whisk
I choose Organic Burst because of the exceptional quality of their matcha. When you open the Matcha you can 100% see the quality of their product with their bright florescent lime green color. High quality matcha should be a vibrant green color (not light & faded).
Some other reasons why I choose this brand
- They pick from the 1st spring harvest when the tea leaves are the most nutrient dense (the time where most tea masters will also harvest their leaves).
- Their Matcha is steamed to avoid oxidation other than most store brands which are roasted or pan fried. Steaming the leaves stops oxidation and protects us from free radical damage.
- They use the top 4 leaves for the highest L-Theanine which also gives their matcha a sweet and smooth taste making it less bitter.
- They specially mill their power with ultra fine milling to make it more bioavailable but also allow you to skip the sifting step when making your matcha tea at home.
- They are made to order and the leaves are only milled 2 weeks prior to a restock ensuring the best most fresh quality (no long shelf life).
- They grow in rich soil in the volcanic region of Japan where the soil is exceptionally dense and rich in minerals.
- They do not use pesticides and ensure they are distances from any other tea regions which are non-organic so wind can not carry any pesticides over to their farms.
- When purchasing you are supporting local families in need. Japanese tea growing families, after many generations, are being forced to close their farms but Organic burst supports these family growers and helps them preserve their heritage.