Raw Mini Snickers
Ok so I honestly think I’ve outdone myself with this recipe! Raw Snickers! They are too good to be true. Raw nougat + caramel inside, smothered in raw chocolate. Raw, Vegan, Gluten free.
Snickers were always one of my favorite chocolate bars growing up but what was I really eating? A regular sized snickers candy bar has 280 calories with 110 calories from fat. A regular Snickers bar is made with peanuts, milk chocolate, egg whites and hydrogenated soybean oil. Snickers fun size bars are 75 calories, 8 grams of sugar, and 3.5 grams of saturated fat. These bars are highly processed and full of empty calories with addictive properties.
So I decided to break down the main compartments of a snickers and recreate it with REAL whole foods. Caramel? Nougat? Chocolate? Thats it. Heres how its done! You will not miss the processed ones!
You will need:
8-10 dated, pitted
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp peanut butter
1/4 cup coconut flour
3/4 cup raw peanut pieces
150 grams raw chocolate bar/chips for melting, I like Eating Evolved.
Now do it!
1. Make nougat by combining 1/2 cup peanut butter, coconut flour, You may need to add more coconut flour if the nougat is not formed. You want a sticky consistency where it sticks together but not to your fingers. This varies by type of peanut butter used
2. Make date caramel by blending dates, almond milk, tbsp peanut butter. Once caramel is blended smooth stir in peanut pieces.
3. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and spread evenly with caramel/peanut mixture. Freeze 5 minutes.
4. Next, spread evenly the nougat mixture and freeze for at least 2 hours.
5. Melt chocolate over a double boiler & line another baking sheet with waxed paper.
6. Cut Nougat/Caramel block into squares and dip in chocolate transferring over to waxed paper and freezing again 30 minutes until hardened.
7. Store snickers in the refrigerator for up to 7 days or freeze for longer storage. When freezing, its best enjoyed after defrosting in the refrigerator over night.
-Make it vegan by using vegan chocolate chips for melting.
-Freeze baking sheets before using
^raw nougat & caramel peanut mixture
^spread evenly caramel peanut mixture
^spread evenly nougat