Raw Mini Snickers
Ok so I honestly think I’ve outdone myself with this recipe! Raw Snickers! They are too good to be true. Raw nougat + caramel inside, smothered in raw chocolate. Raw, Vegan, Gluten free.
Snickers were always one of my favorite chocolate bars growing up but what was I really eating? A regular sized snickers candy bar has 280 calories with 110 calories from fat. A regular Snickers bar is made with peanuts, milk chocolate, egg whites and hydrogenated soybean oil. Snickers fun size bars are 75 calories, 8 grams of sugar, and 3.5 grams of saturated fat. These bars are highly processed and full of empty calories with addictive properties.
So I decided to break down the main compartments of a snickers and recreate it with REAL whole foods. Caramel? Nougat? Chocolate? Thats it. Heres how its done! You will not miss the processed ones!
You will need:
8-10 dated, pitted
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp peanut butter
3 tbsp coconut flour
4 tbsp maple/honey
3/4 cup raw peanut pieces
150 grams raw chocolate bar/chips for melting, I like Eating Evolved.
Now do it!
1. Make nougat by combining 1/2 cup peanut butter, 3 tbsp coconut flour, and 4 tbsp sweetener of choice .
2. Make date caramel by blending dates, almond milk, tbsp peanut butter. Once caramel is blended smooth stir in peanut pieces.
3. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and spread evenly with caramel/peanut mixture. Freeze 5 minutes.
4. Next, spread evenly the nougat mixture and freeze for at least 2 hours.
5. Melt chocolate over a double boiler & line another baking sheet with waxed paper.
6. Cut Nougat/Caramel block into squares and dip in chocolate transferring over to waxed paper and freezing again 30 minutes until hardened.
7. Store snickers in the refrigerator for up to 7 days or freeze for longer storage. When freezing, its best enjoyed after defrosting in the refrigerator over night.
-Make it vegan by using vegan chocolate chips for melting.
-Freeze baking sheets before using
^raw nougat & caramel peanut mixture
^spread evenly caramel peanut mixture
^spread evenly nougat