Raw Chocolate Turtles
Still dying over these raw vegan chocolate turtles. Only a few simple steps from raw wholesome ingredients.
You will need:
For the caramel inside
10 pitted dates (soaked in warm water for 5 minutes)and rinsed
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tbsp almond butter
1 tsp pink Himalayan salt & dash vanilla extract
*1/2 cup pecan pieces
For the chocolate coating
You can also use fewer ingredients and sub your favorite paleo chocolate bar. Love using eating evolved and melting it to cut down the time.
1/4 cup @navitasorganics cacao butter
2 tbsp coconut sugar or maple
3 tbsp @navitasorganics cacao powder
1/2 tsp pink himalayan salt
1. Process pitted dates with coconut oil, salt, and 1/4 cup filtered water until smooth. Add more coconut oil if needed but keep consistency thick.
2. Spoon out 1 tbsp scoops onto parchment paper and let freeze for 5-10 minutes. Once frozen, pat date caramel into a smooshed oval consistency.
3. Meanwhile, melt chocolate coating ingredients over a double boiler.
4. Place one whole pecan in the center of the date ovals and then four halved pieces on each side as the legs.
5. Use a silicone spatula to generously smear chocolate sauce all over the turtles base.
6. Freeze until hardened & Store in the refrigerator or freeze for longer storage.