Moroccan Green Lentil Soup
Moroccan Green Lentil Chili
Winter is the perfect time for warm soups and chili to warm the body from the inside out. I love to get cozy with wonderful warming spices like those present in a traditional Ras en Hanout. You can by a typical spice blend from a health food store but if your interested in making Ras en Hanout the recipe is as follows…
1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds.
3/4 teaspoon cumin seeds.
1/2 teaspoon crushed chilli flakes.
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon.
1 teaspoon paprika.
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom.
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger.
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric.
I cooked this chili with dry lentils in my instant pot for only 30 minutes and it tastes like it’s been simmering all day long. There are so many benefits of having an instant pot. I can cook multiple gourmet meals in a fraction of the time a crockpot can but it still gives me the slow cook setting if I prefer it.
You will need:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped celery
1 head minced garlic
1 chopped small onion
2 tbsp ras en hanout seasoning
4 cups mineral broth or bone broth
2 cups dried lentils
pink himalayan salt to taste
1 cup blended tomatoes
1. Set the pot to sauté and heated some olive oil.
2. Toss in some chopped onions, garlic, celery, and carrots.
3. Add 2 Tbsp of Ras en hanout seasoning stirring frequently. Let the aromas fill the air!
4. Once the vegetables are browned add 4 cups of mineral broth and 2 cups filtered water.
5. Lastly add in 2 cups of dry green lentils, pink Himalayan salt to taste, and 1 cup of purée organic tomatoes.
6. Set instant pot to chili setting and let it do its thing for approximately 30 minutes.
Garnish with broccoli micro greens and @manitobaharvest hemp seeds when finished.
Enjoy All !